PNC Application Developer Lead in Jacksonville, Florida
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100381 Application Developer Lead
Leads in the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
Directs business assessment and requirements analysis processes, for the development of hardware and operating systems .
Analyses features such as feasibility, associated costs, time, and the compatibility of new programs with existing programs, and hardware. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved .
Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of application solutions .
Performs complex application programming activities including, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintaining, and modifying complex applications programs .
OH - Miamisburg
Application Developer Lead
Line of Business:
OH388 - Miamisburg Bldg 1
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday 8a - 5p
Tuesday 8a - 5p
Wednesday 8a - 5p
Thursday 8a - 5p
Friday 8a - 5p
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
FL - Jacksonville, IL - Downers Grove, OH - Cleveland, OH - Miamisburg, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Testing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Application Design, Architecture - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Packaged Application Integration - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
System Development Life Cycle - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Product and Vendor Evaluation - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
Technical Troubleshooting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Developer Lead (.NET) within PNC's Home Lending MIS organization, you will be based in Miamisburg, OH, Jacksonville, FL, Downers Grove, IL, Cleveland, OH or Pittsburgh, PA.
The qualified candidate will have the following experience:
Extensive experience in large-scale application design, and development using various versions of .NET Framework and languages like C#.NET, VB.NET and Web Technologies like ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC 4/5
Experience with design concepts -- Layered architecture, components, interfaces, messaging
Experience with using Web Services, XML, SOAP, object persistence methodologies and application integration.
Extensive experience with full project lifecycle experience in implementing web based systems.
Extensive experience in troubleshooting, self-motivated and driven professional, able to work with minimal supervision, and able to exercise good judgment to keep critical systems operational
Experience with Build Automation tools and good working knowledge continuous build and deployment strategies.
Extensive experience of object oriented conceptual expertise -- classes, inheritance, encapsulation, and the tools used in their definition (UML, Use Cases)
Extensive experience with database/Data Access -- RDBMS(Oracle, SQL), tables, triggers, logical and physical modeling, access strategies and tools, concurrency models
Extremely strong fundamentals and analytical abilities
Preferred to have experience using 3rd party controls/Open Source Software tools
Extensive experience implementing service orientated architecture using SOAP or REST, XML and JSON