SMG Parking Attendant in Jacksonville, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Parking Attendant Position for SMG/Jacksonville. Responsible for assisting patrons in parking their vehicles in designated parking lots.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide parking instruction/guidance/assistance to guests as they arrive
- Provide guests with directions and other venue information
- Places traffic cones and other event set-up materials under direction of supervisor
- Manipulate vehicles to take advantage of all spaces.
- Clean up debris from parking lot.
- Use hand signals and lights to direct patrons into open spots.
- Position or remove barricades to prevent parking in certain spots.
- Help customers locate their vehicles.
- Escort customers to their vehicles if needed.
- Help patrons exit parking garage safely.
- Give directions to nearest highways or destination.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have good oral communication skills
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Must be able to read signs and follow simple oral and written instructions
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED preferred
Six months experience in a customer service environment preferred
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
SMG Website: www.jaxevents.com
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled